We're making some changes to our terms & conditions, based on your feedback.
If you need more aligners than you originally paid for, you'll now purchase additional phases individually, instead of upgrading to a different treatment option. Even if a case is closed, you don't have to submit a new case—you can temporarily re-open the old case and purchase additional phases.
We recommend that you read the full document, but here are summaries of the main changes:
- The terms passive aligners and active aligners are replaced with starter aligners, treatment aligners, and retentive aligners (a.k.a. retainers).
- Once a treatment setup has been approved, cases cannot be upgraded or downgraded to another treatment option.
Open and closed cases
- Cases no longer close after 365 days of inactivity.
- Cases close when you request a retainer, or 90 days after the patient is projected to wear the final step, whichever comes first.
- This deadline is based on the arrival date of the final phase + (the number of steps in that phase ✕ the wear schedule) + 90 days.
- If you request a revision after the final phase is delivered, it will need to be fully processed before this deadline in order to keep the case open.
- Any unused steps are forfeited when a case is closed.
- Revisions can now be requested to a phase up until it ships.
- You should reschedule phase shipments as needed to stay in sync with your patient's wear schedule.
- As a general rule, phases are rescheduled or placed on hold—not cases. A case with no scheduled phases cannot be placed on hold.
- "Legacy cases" (Limited & Full) are no longer treated differently than newer cases. Additional phases are available for all case types, and no case type can be upgraded after the setup is approved.
- There is no three-year "revision window." Revisions can be requested to any open case, regardless of age.
- You can re-open closed cases and purchase additional phases for them.
- No credit is applied for steps that were forfeited when the case was closed.
- A retainer is not included with a case extension.
- We removed the restrictions on re-opening closed cases.
- We reserve the right to close any case five years after submission, regardless of any other policies in effect.
Cancellation and refunds
- Refunds are available for standalone retainers or replacements only if you cancel the order before we receive all necessary records.
Shipment and delivery
- You will receive starter aligners as soon as possible.
- All other phases are scheduled to ship based on the wear schedule for the case.
These terms & conditions apply to all cases starting today, June 13.
As always, your feedback is welcome.