As you know, orthodontic treatment doesn't end when the teeth are straight—most patients will require retainers.
ClearCorrect can create clear retainers based on PVS impressions, intraoral scans, or (if applicable) a previous step. Multiple sets of retainers can be ordered together at a discounted price.
There are three main situations in which you might want to order retainers:
- Retainers for an open case
- Retainers for a closed case
- Retainers for a new patient who wasn't treated with ClearCorrect
Here's how to order retainers in each scenario:
How to order retainers for an open case
1. Find the case under the in progress tab on ClearComm.
2. Click on the case to go to the case page.
3. Click the red REQUEST RETAINER button. As specified in the terms & conditions, the first set of retainers ordered for any open case is free, if it is based on a previous step and the case has never been closed. Note that ordering a retainer will close the case, so make sure you're satisfied with the treatment outcome first.
How to order retainers for a closed case
1. Find the case under the closed tab on ClearComm.
2. Click the case to go to the case page.
3. Click the red REQUEST RETAINER button.
How to order retainers for a new patient
1. Click the Request a retainer link in the sidebar.
2. Fill out the patient’s information and click “Submit.”
3. You will be taken to the case page for the new patient. Use the green UPLOAD button to upload scans, or the green SHIP button to print a shipping label for impressions.
We hope this information was helpful to you! Check out our Help Center which is filled with helpful articles on clear aligner treatment.
Until next time...