We provide the Informed Consent & Agreement document so you can inform your patients of potential risks associated with clear aligner therapy, and set their expectations appropriately. The final section is a legal agreement between you and your patient, establishing that your patient consents to receive treatment and understands the risks involved.
We encourage you to review the information on this form with your patients and sign it together. Though we don't require a copy of this form for our records, we strongly recommend that you keep it with your patient's records for future reference.
The agreement prepares patients for many issues that can arise during treatment, including:
- Treatment time may exceed your initial estimates.
- In some cases, additional dental procedures may be necessary to complete treatment.
- There may be additional costs associated with extended treatment.
- Wearing the aligners may temporarily affect the patient's speech and/or increase the salivation or dryness of the mouth.
- Engagers or IPR may be required during treatment.
- Non-compliance may result in a relapse of final treatment results.
We strongly recommend that you go over this agreement with each of your ClearCorrect patients before treatment, and during treatment if any questions arise. Call your account representative at (888) 331-3323 if you or your patients have any questions about this document.