Once you have a clear aligner candidate in front of you, educating them is the key to obtaining positive results in clear aligner therapy. Setting realistic expectations at the outset of treatment can help make the patient's experience smoother.
We have several resources for educating your patients on clear aligners.
For patients wanting more information on clear aligners, we recommend the 3-minute video How Clear Aligners Work, which covers:
- Clear aligners and their relation to traditional orthodontics
- How the aligners are made
- How the aligners straighten teeth
- How the teeth move and change in relation to pressure
- Importance of wearing the aligners 22 hours a day
We also offer a short Before and After video showing clear aligner results with various types of issues:
- Crowded upper and lower arches
- Shifted midlines
- Upper and lower arch spacing
Patient reviews are also available here.
Your patient may also find our aligner wear and care guide useful, covering:
- Expected daily wear schedule
- How to care for the aligners
- Do's and donts on food, drink, storage, etc.
It's essential for each patient to read and sign the informed consent form before committing to treatment, which covers:
- What clear aligners are and how they work
- Potential risks of clear aligners in relation to
- expected results
- adverse reactions
- potential dentition issues (black triangles, irritation of soft tissue, IPR, tooth sensitivity, etc)
- potential relapse
- additional costs.
- What they are agreeing to in relation to treatment and results
For patients that need help with financing, we partner with beWell patient financing, providing:
- higher approval percentages
- a dedicated account manger
- an easy application process
- no "gotcha" interest rates or pre-payment penalties
Our ClearCorrect online store provides a few patient items for those interested, including:
- OAP aligner cleaner
- Outies (aligner removal tool)
- Aligner cases
If you have further suggestions or any feedback on the above, you can send us an email or provide feedback in the box below.
Until next time…