We've put together a summary of best practices for reviewing and approving a treatment setup. This guide covers recommendations on what you can verify, review and communicate as well as treatment adjustment options.
1. Compare to patient photos to confirm that the software has accurately captured the:
- Articulation of the models and bite registration
- Midline relationship
- Canine and molar relationships
- Shape of teeth
2. Carefully review the subsequent steps to verify the planned tooth movements are safe and effective.
3. Verify that any recommended IPR and engagers are sufficient to achieve your goals.
Here are some adjustments you can make, depending on the patient age, dentition and ease or complexity of treatment:
- You can slow down difficult movements to help roots stay upright and translate
- You can adjust the wear schedule to 1, 2 or 3 weeks (1 week wear schedules are often done in combination with accelerated tooth movement technologies)
- You can adjust your engager preferences
- Remove or reduce engagers
- Request vertical or horizontal engagers
- Specify when to place or remove engagers
- Add engagers to increase aligner retention (short clinical crowns)
- You can adjust your IPR preferences
- Schedule IPR for specific stages
- Adjust the scheduled amount between 0.1 and 0.3 mm.
You can let the technician know if you are:
- Extracting a tooth
- Using class II correction techniques
- Using any other auxiliaries, such as:
- Buttons and elastics for extrusions and/or rotations
- Class II correctors (such as TAD's, Forsus, coils/springs, etc).
Note: If you find yourself frequently requesting standard changes to treatment setups (for example, "add overcorrection" or "end with a digital powerchain"), the best place to do that is on your case submission form.
When you are done evaluating a treatment setup, you have four options:
- Approve the setup, select a price option and start the case
- Decline the setup and ask for changes
- Decline the setup and submit new impressions or intraoral scans
- Decline the setup and cancel the case
If you want to make an adjustment, click "disapprove" and let us know what you want to do. Our technicians will do their best to make any changes you request and upload a new version for your approval within a few days.
If you are inclined to show the patient the treatment setup, you can show them in your office or use the "share link" option to copy the URL and send it to them.